- Always wear flip-flop sandals inside gym showers, changing rooms, around swimming pools, nail salons and reflexology places.
- Never share shoes and sandals.
- Wash your feet thoroughly with soap and water upon exiting a swimming pool and dry them meticulously. Children should pay special attention to this tip, as their delicate skin makes them vulnerable to infections.
- Shoes that are regularly worn for many hours during the day should be dried out in direct sunlight weekly.
- Ensure that your nail salon uses sterile instruments or take your own.
Latest Podiatrist News